Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Sourdough



 This past week I really haven't felt like doing much of anything. I read that during the the first trimester your body expends growing the baby as much energy as if you were to run a 5K every day. I don't know if that's true or not, but it certainly feels that way. I did manage to muster up the energy yesterday to make my very first loaf of sourdough bread. About two weeks ago I made a starter that I have been keeping in the fridge. I found a recipe for sourdough french bread and I have to say that it was the best bread I have ever made. It's even in the top five of best bread I have ever eaten. Andrew and Isabelle gobbled it up too. Over half the loaf is gone already! Last night for dinner I made a big pot of chili and the soft chewy bread went perfect with it. This morning I had some of it with some homemade raspberry jam for breakfast. The only thing was that it wasn't too strongly sourdough flavored. I'm told, though, that the longer I keep the started the more sour the bread will be. I am in love with this bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment