Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Zucchini Bread

When our cow was delivered this past weekend, the farmer also brought us some fresh picked zucchini. When I say fresh I mean it had been picked that morning. The very best thing I can think of to do with Zucchini is Zucchini Bread. Andrew loves it and so do I. I made two loaves, because it freezes well. We've been munching on one all week, and the other I put up in the freezer for another week.


3 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
3 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup water
2 cups grated zucchini (this is about one whole zucchini)
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 cup chopped walnut or pecans

Preheat over to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, nutmeg, baking soda, cinnamon and sugar. In a separate bowl, combine oil, eggs, water, zucchini and lemon juice. Mix wet ingredients into dry, add nuts and fold in. Bake in 2 standard loaf pans (greased if not non-stick), for one hour or until tester comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment