Monday, August 1, 2011

Laundry Liquid

I can't believe it is August already! July just flew by! This time of year is so so busy! Yesterday, I made a batch of laundry liquid using Rhonda's recipe from Down to Earth . This is the first time I've done this, but I think the savings will be well worth the time spent making the liquid (which wasn't very long at all - like half an hour). I had a hard time finding all of the ingredients locally, so I ordered them all from Amazon.com. I spent a total of 27 dollars and the shipping was free. I received enough supplies to make about 60 litres of laundry liquid! Of course I won't make that much all at once. But comparing pricing, at the store where I shop, the cheapest brand (which I can't use because it aggravates my skin) goes for about five dollars for a litre and a half. If you want to purchase "environmentally friendly" liquid, which I do, it's about seven dollars for a litre and a half. For about four and a half dollars, I made 10 litres of laundry liquid. Like I said, totally worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment