Sunday, August 22, 2010

One Year

ast Sunday was Isabelle's 1st birthday. I can't believe I have been at this mommy thing for a whole year now. It's going nothing like I planned, but I really can't complain. We weren't going to have a big party or anything, The plan was to go to my mom's and maybe have some cake and give her a few gifts. Like I said, things don't always go as planned. We ended up with a party anyway, and the guest list just kept growing. It's cuz my kid is so lovable! Everyone wanted to come. I decided I wanted to make her cake from scratch, making it as organic as possible. I used to bake a decorate cake when I was younger, but it's been awhile. I forgot how time consuming the whole process is!!. It turned out good though. I was rather proud of myself! Isabelle got a tin of gifts, of course. We put some of them aside so in a few months when she's bored with the one's she's got, we have backups. Over all it was a pretty fun day!
Isabelle opening presents with help from her cousin Kaylyn

Isabelle's first taste of cake

No comments:

Post a Comment