Saturday, April 24, 2010

Raising Baby


I've been doing a lot of thinking lately, especially about my daughter. She's getting so big so quickly, and really starting to pay attention to what I do. It's going to matter now more than ever that I set the right example for her. This year, Earth Day was probably bigger than I have ever seen it. This is probably because it 'in' right now to go green. That's not necessarily a bad thing, so long as is sticks around and is not just another fad. I've really been thinking about it, though. I was raised by parents to whom the environment is last on their concern list. My husband the same. Make me wonder how we came to care so much, without the parental influence. I don't want to be so extreme with her that as an adult she is turned off because it was shoved down her throat, but she does need to be aware. I've always wanted to have a lot of kids. I think siblings are great, but what kind of world will I be bringing them into? And on the flip side, I believe I could raise great children who would really make a difference. There is so much to think about when it comes to being a parent. But it's totally worth it, becuse, well, isn't she cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment