Friday, April 15, 2011

On my Mind...

There is a special kind of satisfaction you get from making something you need instead of buying it. For a couple of years now I have really wanted a garden shed to store our tools and tomato cages and pots and such in. We have a small metal building out back, but it houses the mower and gas cans, not to mention more spiders than I care to face at one time. I don't mind them really, but they are hanging from the ceilings and crawling all over the walls. When you step out of there you feel like they are all over you. Andrew is a brick mason, and he often brings home scraps of wood and bricks and things from construction sites. So, we had this wood, and left over paint from when we painted the outside of the house last summer, and extra shingles from the roof. Andrew decided to make me my long desired shed. It won't win any awards, but it very much serves it purpose, and the only thing we had to buy was the hinges and latch. I think it's a great deal, considering just a small plastic thing will cost you more than a hundred bucks at a Lowe's or Home Depot. Now that it's built, we will have to figure a way to move it off the porch. Guess we should've thought of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment